Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp..."


In any list of favorite movies, I’ll always stick Alex Cox’sREPO MAN” in there somewhere. It’s one of the few movies I can watch over and over. After stumbling across this NY Times article via Running the Voodoo Down, I dug a little deeper into the mysterious (and intense) world of the repo man. Through diligent journalism (Wikipedia) and some copy and pasting, I now know more than I ever thought I would about 1) the movie and 2) the career.

“I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code.”

“One of the most important skills a recovery agent learns is to read the potential pop. You have to know in your heart what the worst case scenario could be. You have to be able to visualize what it is gonna take for you to get your unit and get clear. You have to be prepared for potential confrontation by someone bigger than you or uglier than you or just plain out someone that is having a worse day than you.”

Can you guess which quote is from the movie and which comes from the article “I Want to be a Repoman…” found at, you guessed it – www.repoman.com?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo. Man what a classic

Repo Companies